Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Becoming a Special Education Teacher

I suppose my first post back with some kind of extra content on it should be education-related, since this is primarily an education-related blog. As a future special education teacher, here is something quite appropriate for me, and for anyone that wants to become a special education teacher. From the website Special Education Teacher in Washington D.C., this is a post from the creator of the blog (and of course, as the title suggests, a SPED teacher herself). It gives 10 suggestions of what makes a good special education teacher. In addition, she links to a page that gives five steps on how to become a SPED teacher. I have not followed these five steps exactly in my own personal experience. Still though, they are good steps that I would recommend for anyone thinking about special education.

No comments: