Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Go Tigers!


As I mentioned once earlier last month, I have been a Missouri Tiger football fan for as long as I can remember. This has been a season like I have never seen, nor like I thought I would ever see in my lifetime. The highlight, of course, was being the number 1 team in the country for one week after beating Kansas and winning the Big 12 North.

However, we did lose in the Big 12 Championship to Oklahoma, and we did get royally screwed by the BCS (hell, we have a whole history of getting screwed in college football). Damn it, we should be in the Orange Bowl, not Kansas. Even though we lost twice, it was to the same team (and an admittedly better team). In addition, we have beaten Texas Tech, Illinois, and, yes Kansas (who is going to the Orange Bowl). As any Mizzou fan will tell you in their most cordial way possible, FUCK THE BCS!

But I am not bitter. This is a season I will always be grateful for, and never forget. It is an honor to be playing Arkansas in the Cotton Bowl. This game should be all the more interesting because one of my best friends is a die-hard Arkansas fan. Bring it on Razorbacks! M-I-Z . . . Z-O-U!!!!!

No comments: