- I no longer work as a pre-school teacher. While I learned a lot from that job, I decided to leave because it was interfering with my studies . . . and my sanity. It was probably the main reason why I originally stopped posting. I would probably take the job again, but I definitely would do some things differently. Not only did I let it take over my life to an extent, but I also had a very rocky relationship with my boss. I enjoyed working with all of the kids (even the ones that were more prone to misbehavior). I am currently working part-time in a major book and music store, a considerably less stressful job while I finish up my studies.
- I am scheduled to start student teaching in January. I do not have a placement yet, but it will be in special education.
- A year ago, I described myself as a "Unitarian Christian". While my religious views tend to shift from one day to the next, I probably now consider myself more of an agnostic, or a deist. It is something I continue to struggle with. God only knows what I will call myself next year (if there is a God, of course).
- A year ago, I described myself as "pretty liberal". Today, I would describe myself as VERY liberal, dare I say, quasi-socialist. There are many influences that probably moved me further left, but the most obvious influence for me is watching the 2003 documentary, The Corporation. For a left-wing diatribe, it is actually pretty balanced.
- Finally, the girlfriend I mentioned is no longer my girlfriend . . . she is now my fiance. We are scheduled to get married late next summer after I finish my Masters (hopefully). I love her more than anything in the world, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with her!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
So what the hell have I been up to?
Well, let me begin by first posting this short, autobiography that I made when I first created this blog. You can read about me so I don't have to repeat myself. However, in the long period of time that I have been gone, there has been some changes.